Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The portrait of the artist as a portrait pt. II

From the horrible self portrait in the last post I've done a series of sketches to get the new image in my head out on paper. I then scanned them, cut out the bits that fit and added a few photoshop effects to better display what I think the final product will look like.

Notice how I've moved the viewer's eye out so we get a full view of the figure in the background adding a quieter more contemplative approach. Also I've decided to move from the dominant red lines of the first image to a ghostly blue aura about the figure. The background has been darkened and the figure lightened to give the idea that the figure is haunting the space. Finally note the glowing floating apple central to the peice.

No comments:

Post a Comment