Tuesday, April 21, 2009

a fireside chat with norman chaney pt. 1


So, here's a little thumbnail for the caricature of a professor project. I'm working on describing Norman Chaney's personality. At first I was going to go with a traditional caricature with giant head and exaggerated features, but as the thumbnailing process continued I decided I liked him more with a regular size head, so here he sits in front of a fireplace with his dog by his side about to tell you a story or give a lecture or whatever with some interesting peices of history behind him.


Realizing the background is going to play a large role in the finished piece I decided to do a series of sketches detailing many of the background elements. There are more of these... but... that is where I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment